zaterdag 21 maart 2015

2 x mile repeats

12.12k
Start 18.10
I heard a bit of podcast about the 80/20 method. This is apparantly the scientifically proven 'best' training method and involves doing 80% of your running at an easy pace and only 20% at a hard pace. Studies of elite and everyday runners show that most people benefit the most from this approach. Aye well, I'm easily persuaded me and have thought that this could be a good wee experiment to try. I could incorporate 2 x 10% of my planned distance of each run as a speedier interval towards the beginning and end of my runs. I'm far too lazy for regular brutal speed sessions  but this way I could relatively easily fit in an apparantly optimal amount of speedwork.

(Forgot my camera and it was dull and drizzly anyway.) 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten