zondag 9 oktober 2016

Goudasfalt 10k

15.35k
Start 10.04
My 10k was brilliant. Just about perfect really. Practically matched my last fastest measured 10k of 2 years ago (though not sure how totally accurate this one was - no chip timing). But as a good bit of the course was rough track I was well chuffed to be even in the neighbourhood of a PR. On the way back latched on behind an older man I recognised from a 15k event in 2014 where we finished more or less together. Him and another woman had been quite a bit ahead of me and I'd caught them up with some effort and managed to hang on to their tails till the finish line. Thanked them at the end for pacing me so well ;-) I don't think I'd have been able to do nearly as well without their influence. Afterwards there was a woman handing out cards for a free trial session and a €5 discount for a new massage place so my muscles had a thorough seeing to by a very good masseuse. 

I've just been looking back at the 10k and half marathon I did in March/April before my new asthma drugs regime. The difference between then and now is huge. 11+ minutes off a 10k time is not to be sneezed at. That breathing properly when running is sUch a help! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten