zondag 20 november 2016

7heuvelenloop Nijmegen

15.33k
Start 13.17 (warming up)
Netto time 1:39:43










Well Mo wasn't in Nijmegen this afternoon for the 7HillsRace due to a calf injury. First Brit to pass the finish was Johnny Mellor at number 13 behind a gaggle of Africans and Japanese and a couple of Clogs. A local lass won the women's race which delighted the crowds. The rest of the masses started in later waves. 
I was pleased with my time. Not as fast as the local 10k I did last month (this race is a 15k) but hey, there were actual HILLS and I had no idea how I would cope with such novelties! I was particularly pleased that my 5k splits showed a tiny but incremental increase towards the end. (Last one was 19 sec faster than the second one, which was 17 sec faster than the first one.) I felt really good at the end - excellent way to finish a race. Weather was windy but dry, the first autumn storm which pounded the west of the country today was luckily noticably calmer in the east. Really pleased I finally got to do this Clog Classic, very impressed by the organisation of this huge event in a smallish city. 

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten