zaterdag 5 november 2011

Long Way Round Cabauw

126 min
Start 15.00
So much for 'plan your run and run your plan'. I sometimes tend just to charge off like a toddler on a sugar rush and see how I feel on the way. So was it today, when I had a (vague) plan to run for a little over an hour. Starting at the watertower and then going west. Then south over the 'Kerkepad' to Cabauw.

And then... decision time... the plan being to go west again and then north through the fieldpath that would take me back to the path going back east to the water tower. Except I never found the fieldpath again and went the long way round, coming back via Polsbroek and getting back to the car with the very last of the light. (I stop to make photos along the way so am on the road for a bit longer than the 126 logged minutes.)
Great run though, despite it being a bit longer than originally planned. I've started thinking about how I'm going to do the 50 mile run on my birthday next year and keep hearing that the secret of ultrarunning is to take regular short walkbreaks to cut down muscle fatigue. (Listening to the Jeff Galloway Edition of the Extra Mile Podcast must be rubbing off on me at last...) So I've started taking short breaks every 5 minutes or so. Maybe only 20 seconds or so - just enough to take a drink. Sometimes the breaks come more often as I stop to take a photo of something and sometimes I forget them and by the time I look at my watch I see that 12 minutes has passed since the last one, but I am at least trying to incorporate them into my running routine.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten