maandag 28 januari 2013

Amelisweerd + new podcasts

16.23 km
Start 8.00














Out along the Krommerijn then meandered a bit through the University, out to De Bilt and home via Bloeyendaal to make up the 16 k I wanted to do.  Some of the running was on very icy paths of compacted snow which hasn't melted yet so had to slow right down there to avoid falling but most of the roads are ice free now. 

Listened to a couple of new podcasts.  First one was the Dogs Love Running podcast which actually didn't feature anything about running but was interesting anyway.  Then there was The Pocket Running Coach which I quite liked.  Some stuff about training programmes which made me think.  I've never really went much beyond the 'building base' stuff.  If I ever want to 'really' run I'm going to have to do some speedwork.  The question is, of course, if I really want to do this...  After this came the Runner Academy, which I found a bit too slick and American but it did have a fascinating interview with the first woman to run the Boston Marathon so it was actually worth listening to all the irritating promotion at the start and the insurance disclaimer at the end after all.  Finally caught the start of Running with the Reaper - nice babbling English voice, sounding a bit like a young Bert Fry and getting distracted by hungry robins during his runs.  Definitely more my sort of podcast than the 'too professional' previous one. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten