vrijdag 13 september 2013

Gouda Singelloop

10.50k
Start 16.15














Well I thoroughly enjoyed the best race I've never run this evening. The local prestigious city run was on and part of the route went up and down our street. Bit of an odd course, 3.5k loops. Which meant that in the 10k the fastest runners were doing their 3rd lap when the slower ones were still on their second. But anyway it did ensure an almost constant stream of runners of all shapes and sizes. And styles. Fascinating to see all the different ways of running. How some seem to run so easily but are not so fast while others who seem more awkward are ahead of them. 

There was a kids 2k run to start with - I am about the least sentimental person in the world where children are concerned (give me a puppy over a baby any day...) but there's something about a horde of the little dears all running their very bestest that fair brings a tear to the eye. 

I sat outside on the street for the duration with tea and rather good meusli cookies from Lidl, various neighbours joined me at different times. Applauded everyone who passed (11th commandment for runners, Clap as you would be clapped for yourself). My hands have had as much of a pounding as my feet today... Danced on the closed-off street to the live band at the end. 

Oh, and I had my own 10+ k run earlier in the day. Actually (here comes Elma's tip for today) I could most likely have procured a starting number for the race today after all. I looked on the site to find out the starting times (about half an hour before I thought they should be starting) and saw on a forum that various people were offering their own start numbers due to injury or some other reason why they couldn't run themselves. If I'd thought of it earlier I could have made contact and got hold of one. So if anyone else finds themselves too late to enter a popular race they could think of looking online to see what folk are offering. It'll probably mean not running under your own name, so no good for official PBs or anything but still, if it's just for the joy of taking part, maybe worth a try in the future.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten