zaterdag 28 september 2013

Puffball harvest

10.30k
Start 7.20
 

Was a bit annoyed to see that someone had destroyed a good few of the growing puffballs.  So on the way home took one with me - I was going to leave them to see how big they would get and so that other folk could enjoy seeing them too, but if they're going to be kicked to bits I think it's better that I at least get the pleasure of eating them.  They're one of the few wild mushrooms that I definitely know are good to eat.  Impossible to mis-identify them so always safe.  Fried big slices of them this evening - like a cross between steak and an omelette - absolutely delicious.

Run went ok - good tempo 5k in the middle of it.  Must remember to take gloves on my next run though as my fingers were suffering.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten