woensdag 20 mei 2015

Foot problems

3.21k
Start 20.26
 

I've had a wee bit of foot bother on my last 2 runs. Tuesday morning I got out the door and felt a wee bit of irritation under my toes on the left foot. By 400m it was excruciating and I took off my shoes to investigate. Found that the top layer of material on the inside of the shoe had let loose and rolled up, so smoothed it all down put the shoe back on and all was well for the next 10+ miles. Yesterday evening went out with the same model, but different colour (also a bit newer), shoes on and had the same pain despite there being no rolled up stuff in sight. Had to hobble home gingerly after about 500m. Changed into different shoes and was able to run a bit further but it still didn't feel ideal and I didn't want to risk turning a very minor wrong use injury into a potentially more serious one (and I'm a wimp, I don't really 'do' pain.) So shortened my planned longer run to a couple of miles. I think I'm going to have to ditch the 2 'wrong' pairs of shoes. Going to try again this evening with yet another pair and see how that goes. I do hope it is just the shoes and not something more mysterious. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten