zondag 14 februari 2016

Zegerplasloop 10k

10k
Start 11.20

Really glad I went after all. Despite it being cold and wet and my fingers being so dead and white at the start that I couldn't get my camera out my belt to take a photo. First the bad news - my Garmin died somewhere between kilometer 4 and 5... Looks like water has got in somehow, there's a definite waterline half way across the screen. It's drying out above the fire now in the hope of resurrecting it. Odd really as it did a full marathon in continual rain 2 years ago no problem.


Good news is that this breakdown somehow didn't bother me over much. If anything I suspect it might have made me run faster in the second half, focussing on picking off the few folk I could rather than looking too often at my speed and 'dosing' it. Shame I don't have my splits to examine but I definitely felt strong towards the end and really enjoyed the run. Actual sleet didn't start till I was back in my van pulling on dry clothes. The cup of tea and cheese and marmite sandwich I had waiting for me there were absolutely perfect. Time was, I think, around 61 minutes. Will have to check chip times when they're up on the site. For a 10k I hadn't particularly trained for this felt fine for me. I'm always surprised that I can run faster in races than I even come close to when out running by myself. Although I don't see myself as particularly competitive other folk do provide some sort of stimulus that makes me put in some extra effort.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten