zondag 11 november 2018

Wieringewerf Cross

9.12k
Start 10.41

My trail run was... uneventful really. Which is actually not a bad thing sometimes. The threatened rain didn't happen during the women's run (holding off till the men's event started - teehee). I haven't uploaded my Garmin stuff yet but I think I slowed down a wee bit in the second circuit (it was 2 rounds of just under 3k). I certainly spent the last mile with no-one in sight ahead of me, which is always a bit demoralising, so either they all speeded up a lot or I slowed down. 
But I still ran significantly faster than I do when running alone so even when the competition is out of sight it somehow has an effect. My conclusion is that running with others occasionally is good, even for fairly uncompetitive folk like me. It spurs me on to achieve speeds I am unable to spur myself onto. (I'm possibly the laziest runner evah.) I overtook a few folk at the start and was overtaken by a few more (different ones) later but most of the distance was just a steady push, moving, as almost always, from a feeling of 'why do I do this? I can't run this fast for the whole distance, who am I kidding that I can run?' to a more relaxed 'oh, it's because I can actually do it, I'll be fine' later on. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten