zondag 29 juli 2012

Deer at dawn

123 min
Start 4.30
 

Out slightly earlier than planned as I woke up at 3.30 when some students were shouting outside.  As the alarm was set for an hour later I decided just to get up anyway and put a wash on and take my time about getting my stuff together before going out the door at vEry first light.  Good to get out of town when just the first streaks of light were in the sky to the (north)east.  Enjoyed the bit on one of my podcasts where a 5 year old was being interviewed by her mum after running her first one-mile race.  When asked what the best bit was she said 'Getting stuff at the end.'  A girl after my own heart.  Bling and t-shirts and food, that's what we want.  ;-)  In the next one Chris ended with some excellent punk music, explaining that he likes this sort of thing for when he's careening down hills on his mountain bike.  It was just right for a bit of interval training where I was jumping over a low stone border between bike path and road every 5 steps.  On the way home developed a 'training plan' for my 50k birthday run.  I'm going to increase my long runs every weekend by an hour.  So 2 hours today, next week 3, then 4, then 5.  That means I'll be up to 6 hours on the 26th - which might not be enough but should have me within sight of the end. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten