zondag 5 augustus 2012

Golf in the Forest

180 min
Start 4.45
First of my 'proper' long runs leading up to the 50k.  Headed out to the nature reserve in De Bilt, hoping to see some of the 'wild' cattle or horses who're put out to graze there but no sign of anything bigger than rabbits today. Got a bit lost for a while but by working out my direction from where the sun was coming up in the northeast I managed to eventually get back to a road I recognised, via the golf club De Pan, which I'd never come across in any earlier walks there. 


Things to remember for future runs.  My 400ml in belt bottles is enough for this distance in the early morning.  The skin under my right arm was starting to get a tiny bit irritated so remember to take some vaseline for that. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten