donderdag 25 oktober 2012

Grey dawn 10k

73 min
Start 7.30
Had hoped to get out to see the sun rise after all these weeks not running but this morning the sky was the dullest grey imaginable.  The light gradually came through the darkness I set off in but no sign of the sun at all.  Did another run/walk/run session (after the initial 15 min warmup) with a 4:1 ratio.  Have also started varying my forefoot landing with some intervals of heel striking.  Since I never really got injured with my old way of running and hAve had some trouble from a tender bit in my forefoot (can you get PF in the forefoot as well as the heel?) after this summer of minimalist running I've started to wonder if it's really what I should be doing.  And I seem to be able to go slightly faster that way too.  I'll keep an eye on developments but am not going to stick rigidly to the minimalist stuff if it's not working for me.  We're maybe not all Born To Run (barefoot) after all...  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten