donderdag 14 juli 2011

Cat Rescue Run

29 min
Start 20.45

Despite the driving wind and rain I really felt like getting out for a proper run this evening after yesterday´s 2 short outings with Sam. 15 minutes out to the next roundabout with the wind pushing me back. Decided that it was enough to be going on with and turned back. Once back inside the gate I heard a cat meeowing from the shed there. A very pathetic insistent articulate MEE-OW that was impossible to ignore. I found it came from a half grown (10 weeks?) black kitten. I picked it up and it started purring. Anyway it didn't seem to be injured in any way and it had already found a dry place to stay and I thought its mother might be around somewhere so I put it down and went to run the last 100 yards home. It ran after me, meeowing ridiculously loudly for such a small creature. It was raining. I picked it up, went back outside the gate and round to the nearest neighbours to ask if it was maybe theirs. Nope. It's very likely been dumped by someone who's going on holiday... this apparantly happens not infrequently here.
I took it home and looked around in the kitchen for something for it to eat. I'm not a cat person and am more used to canine catering. I gave it an egg in a bowl which it seemed to find acceptable. I'll see about getting it to the nearest cat sanctuary tomorrow. It's a healthy young well-fed and sociable kitten, I'm sure it'll be rehomed quickly.
(Next day - rescue centre welcomed it and put it in a cat heaven sort of place with various friends of the same age. It'll be seen by a vet and put up for adoption after 3 weeks if no-one claims it. They seem confident that such a young sociable cat will soon find a new home.)

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Hooray for cat rescue grrl!!! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Geweldig dat hij/zij je achterna ging lopen! en fijn dat je het meegenomen hebt ondanks dat je geen kattenmens bent. Ook geen barbaar natuurlijk!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wat onzelfisch, gezien je hondenvoorkeur en kattenafkeur!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen