zondag 30 maart 2014

30k Obsacle run

30.04k
Start 6.20




This morning's idyllic long (30k) slow run along a recently discovered trailpath didn't quite work out how I'd thought it would. Started badly in that I slept really poorly last night. Had to get up twice to go to the loo and I heard the church clock striking 2 and then 3, so when the alarm went off at 4.44 I felt as if I'd just nodded off and really wasn't keen on going out.

Covered the 'known' 5 or 6 k to the start of the trail path. Ate my banana and started off. Soon realised that the grass was a lot longer than it had been a few weeks ago and that my feet were soon soaking wet. There were also dozens of paired gates with styles to clamber over spread along the way. Then a section of the path was diverted due to dijk repairs and I had to take a detour through what can best be described as a swamp. When I was at the furthest point where I'd planned to do an out and back I decided to take the alternative cycle route. I was of course by this time way behind any vague schedule I'd had. My back/shoulders were aching (I worried about this a bit till it was pointed out to me later that I spent a lot of last week sanding down a ceiling).

Anyway, got home in one piece. The sun was shining and I had a chocolate milk whilst dangling my legs up to the knees in the canal. (Coward's version of an ice bath...?) 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten