dinsdag 18 maart 2014

Mile repeats in wind and rain

13.28k
Start 17.43
New cushy socks kept my post long run blistered feet whole on this shortish, speedyish dusk run. (Photo later.)  600m sprint along the river in 3.05 (=5:18 min/per/k) then across the bridge and 2 x a faster mile, the first one with a headwind and the second one with wind behind me (6.36 & 5.57).  On the way home another 2 x mile laps with 400m recovery jog in between (5.58 & 6.27).  Strange how on Saturday I could keep up a 5.50 m/p/k average pace for 15k during the race, whereas today I couldn't reach this for even a mile when running alone.  Yes the running conditions were better then but there's still a lot to be said for race day adrenalin. Even for runners like me who aren't really racing anyone other than themselves.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten