zaterdag 30 januari 2016

Reeuwijkse Randweg

5+k

First race of the year.  According to my Garmin my time was 30.26, still have to check the site for the official times.  An out and back along the new bit of ringroad which was officially opened to traffic for the first time after the race.
My 5k yesterday was miraculously dry for the duration and for the cycle there and back. I've just checked the results and I was the 100th woman out of 145 with my 30:24. It would have been nice to get under the 30 min but I had a wee bit of a slump at the half way turnaround point. Did finish strong, managing to overtake 5 folk on the home strait, which I was really pleased with. Have just checked my splits and I did indeed speed up significantly towards the end. Slowest k was between 2.5 and 3.5 and then every 500m after that I accelerated. No negative splits though. Ah well. Still gives a good feeling to finish fast. (For me then.) The winner of the women, who beat the 3rd man, as I'd hoped she would when I saw them racing neck-on-neck when they passed us on their way back to the start, finished in 17.17. That's a good thing about out and back races, you get to see the fast runners doing their stuff. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten