zondag 3 april 2016

Rokjesdag

10.91k
Start 13.00
Warm up + Rokjesdag 10k in Amsterdam.  For the first time had my asthma inhalor with me (after feeling I could have used it last month in the half marathon in Den Haag) and right enough, felt the need to use it just after the 2k point.  My lungs just felt as if they wouldn't open enough.  For the first time I felt I might actually have to drop out of an event.  But ach,  I felt that last month as well and managed to get through 21.1k in the end so decided that I'd battle on to get to the end of this 10k funrun.  The weather was pretty much perfect too, so no excuse there.  The sun even made a brief appearance now and then but even that wasn't really strong enough to be more than pleasant




















.

Ah well, another medal earned... but I am disappointed my time wasn't closer to the hour.  Another all-time PW (Personal Worst) at 1:08:45.  Most annoying thing is that this was much harder work than my PR ever was...Have just looked up the official results and I was 15th of 22 in my age group.  Which makes me feel slightly better.  I'm surprised there weren't more runners - only 292 in the 10k.  It seemed like a lot more - most of them must have been 5k runners then.  Let me check...488 of them.  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten