dinsdag 7 juli 2009

New STUFF!





















Shoes, 3/4 length running breeks, a state-of-the-art sportsbra and a belt thingy to keep lipsalve/keys/4wee-water-bottles-in.

Had a major spree in Runners World this morning. My 2 old pairs of shoes are both pretty aged now and the Reeboks were always very much an 'extra' pair and not particularly high quality. One of the Asics had also got serious chewmarks in the heel from one of the lodgerdogs (Binky the 6 month Rottweiler is chief suspect.)


Anyway, since I'm into serious running again I thought it was time for a new pair. Maybe modern advances in shoe technique will give me just that extra edge I need to get my speed up. My first impression on looking at the ranks of new shoes before me was that most of them were hOrrid! Glitzy and metallic would seem to be the current theme... Lots of garish colours and just too much blingbling for me. The pair that I finally chose (there were only 2 serious contenders) are still a touch too much for me really, but I'm hoping that a good few dusty/muddy kilometers will soon tone them down a bit. I basically just got the newest edition of my old model Asics. They felt familiar but with just that touch more support that new shoes have.



I almost went completely mad and got a heart meter thing too but calmed down when I saw the price and just took the booklet with all the information about the different models on offer instead. All I really want is something that will tell me the distance I'm doing and the speed, and ok, it might be interesting to work with the heartrate guides though I still maintain that I'm capable of listening to my own body and setting my own limits as to what it can cope with as I go along.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten