zondag 17 oktober 2010

Canicrossing

Went along to the heath near Hilversum this morning to see what canicrossing is all about. Interesting to see the various styles of waistbelts/lines in use. And the dogs of course.

Couple of lovely gundogs and an enthusiastic sturdy looking poodle-like animal which was in fact some sort of Italian waterdog. Plus various other dogs, mostly middle-to-large size. Sproet was surprisingly keen on being in the company of so many new people/dogs. He enjoyed running about with the group when we were in the carpark and didn't bark at the new people like he usually does. Probably because there were too many interesting dogs and none of the people paid him much attention so he could just get on with the dog stuff without any human interference.















So the dogs and the equipment check was fine - what about the running?









Well I never am too keen on running in groups and this one was wAy too fast for me. They went off like bullets and Sproet and I tagged along on the end for a while but when I saw that this was their normal speed I decided to take things easier and said I'd make my own way back. Stopped to take photos of the highland coos and of the group in the distance. Interesting experience but I prefer running at my own pace. I've got some ideas about how to combine a waterbelt with a running line so will see what I can put together this week sometime. I might go along again sometime on a Sunday morning - I'm sure Sil would love to give the group running a go, but now that I know how they work I'd probably have a warm-up run first by myself. I don't like starting straight away at full speed.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten