zondag 3 oktober 2010

Geek Girl Runner and the Squint Faced Cow

62 min
Start 18.30
Ran about the Eem looking for the bit of my Nike+ thingy that I lost the other day while the latest edition of the Geek Girl Runner podcast told of her much worse loss of her iPhone, just minutes before the start of a half-marathon. Started off easy going whilst I scanned the road but as I'm afraid it's lost in the verges somewhere and I really didn't have much hope of finding it I soon abandoned my search and picked up the speed a bit. The idea in the weeks before a marathon is to do less quantity and more quality. I don't really 'do' tapering properly but do run a bit less than normal as my week's average is hoicked up by the race itself. A bit of interval sprinting and hill running should deal with the quality side of things. I'm just glad that my cold seems to be receding.










On my way home ran past a field of bullocks and as they'd all gathered at the gate to stare at me I took a photo of one of them. It was only after I'd taken the first photo that I saw that his muzzle was pulled round to one side. So I took a photo of a different animal to show the difference. Honestly this is not photoshopped (I wouldn't know how to). This one definitely had a very squint face. I wonder if the other beasts see him as being any different from them.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten