vrijdag 22 april 2011

Red Sunrise

62 min
Start 6.00
Fairly heavy going. My lungs are not co-operating properly with my legs (and I forgot the asthma drugs before going out again) so I had regular photo breaks and never really got up to speed (apart from one short AC/DC burst on the home strait). Listening to the Slow Runners Podcast most of the time.













No proper pre-sunrise light show due to thin cloud cover on the horizon but this did mean that when the sun was finally visible it broke through as a wonderful red ball in the middle of the grey. Had a brief dither at the crossroads trying to decide which way I wanted to go but in the end the direction of my run was dictated by my wanting to keep the spectacular rising sun in sight for as long as possible.
Afterwards an item on the news made me realise why I'm probably having more trouble than usual with my exercise-induced asthma-lite at the moment - the high pollen count could be irritating my airways. I'm glad I've realised this as an external factor is always less worrying than the possibility that it's getting worse for some internal reason.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten