zaterdag 25 mei 2013

Rubbery eggshells

17.77k
Start 4.30




Beautiful huge low full moon when I went out.  Too dark to take a good photo of it.  Interval period with 3.5min with 30 sec recovery was a bit heavy going and after that ran about the Goudse Hout for a while trying to find my bearings (and therefore the swan's nest).  Took me longer than I'd been counting on and my hands were freezing and so I didn't really feel too great.  Finally did find where I had to be and found that the nest was empty apart from the rubbery remains of the eggs.  The female was on some grass round the corner and the male was swanning about (as they do) looking stroppy on the water nearby.  No sign of the cygnets but I suspect they were sleeping under the wings of the mother.

Warmed up a wee bit on the way home when the sun finally got above the low ridge of cloud.  Not the best run ever but it's another one on the way to whatever improvements I may be making so, as always, glad I got out of bed to do it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten