dinsdag 18 juni 2013

Sunrise with snipe

11.49k
Start 4.20



Was looking for a new path to 't Weegje, a lake I'd seen on the map, but somehow missed the path leading to it, so ended up doing only a slight variation of the route to Waddingxveen and back I've done before.  Sped up a good bit on the way home after a slow start with 10 minutes bridge elevations near the beginning.  This speeding up towards the end is my latest strategy to teach myself how it feels to run faster on tired legs.  Maybe this will help me not to slow down so much during longer running events.  Saw what I'm fairly sure was a snipe sitting on a fence.  I read somewhere recently that the word sniper comes from the fact that these birds have a very erratic flying pattern and so if you're able to shoot them on the wing you're a very good shot indeed.   

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten