donderdag 22 juli 2010

Car Run

88 min
Start 5.00
Had to bring a car to Baarn this morning and leave it there so drove out with the dogs in the back and then ran home along the Eem. First a warming up run round the Eng, then stopped off at home to eat a banana and get my keys. Then the 10 minute car journey. Left the car at the houseboat and went in to see what mysterious fruit thing Carin had left in the fridge before going away and which I had been instructed to eat. Something yummy with cream, so that was my second fuel stop of the morning. Set off along the Eem. Sil chased a cat straight across the main road in Eemdal. Luckily there is practically no traffic at that time in the morning but she went after it like a greyhound, paying absolutely no attention to me. Later another highspeed chase after a hare through a field - I'm beginning to think her unknown father possibly had some lurcher in him...
























































When I stopped to admire a field of horses Rimmer settled down for a snack of hoof parings which had been left at the gate. Ah well, not quite as disgusting as the rotting fish she was throwing about yesterday and I'm fairly sure that they even contain vitamins that are good for dogs. Once home I fed the dogs and then left them indoors while I went out for one last 'fast' (hmmm...) circuit of the Eng, unencumbered by drink/camera belt and dog leads. Just me and a selection of very noisy new Scottish bands. Didn't go as fast as I thought I could, but that could have been partly because the first leg of the circuit is a narrow path through the maize field, which is now higher than me and still fairly wet at that time of the morning.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten