vrijdag 30 juli 2010

Rimmer does a Runner

86 min
Start 5.00

Rimmer disappeared for, oh, all of 40 minutes early this morning. The owners had told me that he is scared of hUge dogs but what they neglected to impress on me is that this fear means he panics and bolts. If I'd known this I could have put him on the lead as soon as the 2 (adorable) Danes lolloped over the brow of the dunes. As it was he barked at them and ran about looking just fine and then in the minute or so whilst I petted the huge ones and took their photos he had flown. No response to my calling and whistling. I'd put lodgerdog 2 on the lead by this time and told her to 'Search!' and she led me out the woods the other way into a residential area I don't really know. I didn't want to do too much shouting there (the sun was barely over the horizon...) and it wasn't on our way home so I turned back and ran home the way we had come, still calling and whistling. As soon as I got in I looked at my phone (lodgerdogs always get my phonenumber attached to them during their stay with me - this is the first time it's ever actually been put into use mind) and was delighted to see that there was a message from a woman who had found him. Guess where? Yep, the other side of the dunes where Sil had led me - well done that sniffer dog! So all's well that ends well but I spent some anxious moments imagining how I'd have to tell his family he'd dissapeared without trace or been mown down in morning rush hour traffic...




















Running actually went very well, especially on the way home when I definitely upped my speed as I wanted to get back as quickly as possible to see if there was any sign of life from the runaway on my phone.





















All's well that ends well...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten