vrijdag 2 juli 2010

Dawn over the Dunes

99 min
Start 4.45
According to the thermometer in the kitchen it was 21 degrees outside when I left. And it was barely light yet. Sweat was dripping off my nose at one point as I chugged over the sand in my bare feet (and I usually sweat very little). Funnily enough it seemed to feel cooler later when the sun was over the horizon (but behind clouds). Or maybe I just wasn't making as much effort. Anyway, good run, glad I got out before the heat predicted for later in the day. Was also glad I'd discovered the tap behind the kiosk when I was out with Sproet as it was handy to fill up my drink bottles. It's best to drink as much as possible with this weather and whilst I could probably have managed with the 400ml I take in my 2 wee bottles I appreciated not having to ration my intake.






















































Noticed that this house-in-progress I pass on my way out to the Soesterduinen now has its beautiful new thatched roof in place.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten