dinsdag 29 september 2009

70 min
Start 7:00
Grey morning. First down to the allotments. Whilst stretching at the bench a lone bat flitted overhead. Did my 2 x 6 minute hill circuits in just inside the 12. Stopped briefly during the 2nd lap (also stopped my timer) to admire a wary young brindle American Bulldog. Beautiful animal. On out to the Eem. Reasonable pace. On the way back did exactly 5 minutes over the bit from the railway to the fence behind the firestation. Good straight bit to try to improve my 'sprint' time on. Took a detour through a recently harvested maize field, picking out the softest dusty tractor tracks to simulate beach running. I feel the flesh on my thighs jiggling in a different way when running on soft ground so it must mean I'm using different muscles. Saw a big bird of prey from about 30 meters away, flapping slowly from pole to pole as I approached. Also a sizeable hare shot out from practically under my feet.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten