zondag 20 september 2009

The Day After

Just dropping in to record the fact that every time I bend to sit down my thigh muscles scream silent obscenities at me for what I put them through yesterday. And there was me thinking I was well-prepared. That I had plenty of 'kilometers in the legs' blah, blah, blah. Whereas the training runs I normally do are probably actually nowhere near the pace I used yesteday. And seldom so long either. Though I have read somewhere that your regular trainings distance should be at least a third of what you want to run in an official race and I'm certain I do that most of the time. I should try to increase the pace a bit though I suppose. I've done the occasional 2 hour run in the woods in training and never felt my muscles like this before so that must mean I'm running a good bit more slowly then. I really don't want to start getting obsessive about times and start working with hartmeters and speedometers and all that techno-accessory stuff. But I would quite like to be able to improve my technique to allow me to go that tiny bit faster so that I can complete the half in 2 hours again.

1 opmerking:

  1. Have you tried interval training? That's when you go fast for a bit, and slow again and fast. Like 2 minute as fast as you can, then 1 minutes slow, or something.There must be lots of stuff on google...
    Hill training is also good, run up a hill, and slowly down again, and up etc. It gives the muscles more strength.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen