zaterdag 11 december 2010

Big Grey Dog, Big Grey Skies

88 min
Start 7.45






Joep and I ran along the Eem to Amersfoort (klompenpad and then straight along instead of a right turn at the end of the open dyke). I could see he was thinking about jumping down into the river for a drink at one point (I have experience of hauling Great Danes out of the Eem and know it's not possible alone...) but I managed to distract him and we found some remaining patches of snow which I fed him and this was enough to keep him going till we got home. It was positively wArm this morning - 7 degrees C according to my outside thermometer. I soon had to take off my gloves and push my neck band up onto my head. And I'd already left one layer at home so just had one long sleeved top and a reflective vest on.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten