vrijdag 11 juni 2010

Loop door Houten

63 min
Start 19.30
Race started in the Oude Dorp, 2 minutes gentle run from Anita's new bath.I just found this 5 minute long video impression of the run on YouTube. Yet again I started too fast. 5.34 for the first kilometer making me think 55 was a realistic possibility as I thought I'd been taking it easy and would be able to speed up as I got to the end. I wasn't. My official time was 57.48 with a 5k split at 28.25.


This makes my second 5k 29.23 which is less than a minute slower than the first circuit but still not achieving the elusive ideal negative split. Ran for a good bit of the way alongside 2 other women who were going at exactly my pace. I should have stuck with them till the end... I pulled away at one point, thinking I could pick up the pace a bit, but later one of them overtook me and I never caught up with her again. If I'd stayed at her pace I may well have finished a minute or so earlier. Ah well, retrospective wisdom is always easiest. Until I start working with a Garmin to totally regulate my speed I'll probably never be able to judge it properly and I don't feel like getting that obsessive about it (yet?).
I made my own photos of the start and finish lines - as soon as I get the photos Rens and Anita made towards the end of both 5k circuits I'll put them up too. Anita met me at the finish line with flowers and we walked back along the road so that I could finally try out the new luxury bathroom. First a quick go in the mega-shower then on for a soak in the very deep and bubbly bath.
4 months later... finally got around to getting Katie to put the photos on a usb-stick for me as they were too big to send. I still haven't mastered cropping photos so that that there's no white space around them but anyway, here they are. As usual clicking gives a bigger image.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I have heard you on RunRunLive and The Extra Mile podcasts and thought I would visit your blog. Looks as if you live in a beautiful area.

    Happy running!

    Dan

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. thanks for dropping in Dan. Some fascinating photos on your site. Are there any running-related pics to be found there?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen