vrijdag 12 maart 2010

Dull Dawn

111 min
Start 6.45
I'd set the alarm earlier to get out before first light but by the time I dragged myself out of bed it was almost time for the sun to haul itself over the horizon. However as it was cloudy there was no visible sunrise and no interesting skies to see so it didn't matter so much after all. Ran randomly through some of the woodier paths behind the dunes, came out on the road on the other side for a while before turning back in via another entrance. Even more plodding pace than usual, I just didn't have any sort of tempo at all and decided not even to attempt my usual hilly bits and just be glad that I was at least out and running (if only just).
It wasn't till I was back on the Eng that some really thumping music came on the Introducing Scotland podcast and forced me to pick up my feet properly for a while as I leapt over the stubble fields.
Since the ground is properly thawed out at last the farmers have been injecting pig manure into 'my' fields so that adds a certain something to my diagonal crossings. Soon they'll no doubt be getting ploughed and planted and I'll have to stick to the paths round the edges again.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten