zondag 28 maart 2010

Dusty, the Dead Hare and the Scary Water Crossing

129 min
Start 14.30
Ran half way to Baarn then remembered I didn't have my wraparound clip on dog lead with me so went back to get that and then drove to collect Dusty. We ran out towards the chain-pulled bike-ferry I discovered last time I ran with her through the polder. I couldn't understand how I'd lived all those years there and never known about it before but this mystery was solved when I got to the other side as there's a board there saying it was constructed in 2007. On the way out stopped briefly to sniff at a very dead hare on the verge.






Got to the crossing in about 30 minutes. (I'd already done 30 in Soest.) Home via the sluis, then a detour via Harry's Bar and the other side of the Eem, including an encounter with a brace of fanatical Jack Russels, and finishing with a loop of the fishing lake beside the motorway. The road bridge was closed for traffic as it was being repaired but the bike/pedestrian bit was still in order so I could cross there and have the unique chance of making a photo with the bridge raised.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten