vrijdag 20 november 2009

Sunrise in the Vondelpark, Amsterdam

87 min
Start 7.30
Clear light getting brighter by the minute as I ran past the Concertgebouw and on to the Vondelpark (5 min away). Enjoyed running about in the company of so many other runners, dogs, bikes. Unfortunately had to cut my run short as I could feel my bowels declaring they really, well yes, enough information already. I did actually contemplate going into some bushes at one point but there are hardly any leaves on said bushes now so they're all a bit transparant and it was really too busy for this to be a viable option. Should really have started back for Hanneke's house earlier but I've never had this before when running and thought I'd easily be able to finish my 100 minutes before things got too, um, necessary. What a disaster this must be if it happens during an official run... Anyway, should be able to regain the lost 13 minutes tomorrow afternoon (my goal was to run 5 x 100 minutes this week). Ach, I had my camera with me but was so concerned with other things that I forgot to make any photos.


Later: on the way home spotted a rather nice bookshop so went in and bought myself an English hardback edition of the book I raved about after I got the Dutch paperback for my birthday.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten