zondag 29 november 2009

Week Total 494

48min
Start 16.45
Official time yesterday on the site was 4:53:30 so I rounded that up by a few minutes to include the skipping about warming up I did beforehand.
Woke up this morning with a tender feeling in my right ear. I suspect a mild infection from the chilly south-westerly that was blowing into it for most of the way.
Spent most of today on big cushions on the floor in my new naff Scotty-dog flecked pyjamas with my back against the radiator re-reading Born to Run (in English this time).





When the light started to fade I decided I should get outside for some fresh air and it was as easy to pull my running clothes on as anything else so took my well-earned new red reflective vest out for a sunset run over the Eng. Light effects were gratifyingly good and glittery, feathered red followed by muted blue and gold as the lid of clouds gradually closed. My ear already feels less sensitive than it did this morning and my blisters didn't object too much to my running after a few initial twinges. Leg muscles feel fine. What a difference from September when I could hardly walk properly for 3 days after the half marathon in Hattem. My body seems to have greatly improved its ability to recover from exertion since then.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten