vrijdag 8 januari 2010

Snow-by-sea

64min
Start 16.30
Decided to have a practise run on the beach this afternoon to decide what combination of clothes will be best for the circumstances of Sunday's run. Sun was just under so I set out towards Monster and turned back after half an hour so that I was running towards the fading red skies above Hoek van Holland. Top half of the beach was white with its thin covering of snow. Had one of my (cheap imitation, but every bit as good) Buffs pulled up over my face for the first half of the run. Better than a balaclava as thinner and easier to breath through. It did get a bit wet after a while though, once I'd warmed up a bit I pulled it down - when I got home it had frozen. I also need slightly warmer gloves. Just got a mail from the organisation of Egmond and they've changed the route because of the paths through the woods behind the beach being too dangerous with ice and snow - so a new route has been set out with almost all of the race taking place on the beach itself.

1 opmerking:

  1. Buffs: wat een GeWelDig filmpje! :-). Als je dat gezien hebt, is er maar 1 conclusie: je kunt niet zonder.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen