zondag 17 januari 2010

Week Total 351

89 min
Start 16.30
Translantic running mates... One of my online chums from a running messageboard is doing her first half-marathon today in Phoenix, Arizona so I'd planned to co-ordinate my training run to begin at the same time as her official start. 8.30 her time, was 16.30 here. Sun set at 1700 today so it was a good time to get out to the Soesterduinen in the last of the daylight. It was a scorching +6C when I left and by the time I'd done the 20min over the Eng + streets to get there I already had my gloves and hat off. Another 10 minutes over the sand to get to the hilly bits and I took my outer layer off and hung it in a tree. Also went to take a drink from my waterbottle and discovered that I hadn't pushed down the easy drinking lip properly so most of it had scooshed out onto my sweater. Big wet patch on the back. Luckily it wasn't sO warm that I desperately needed a proper drink so the leftovers were enough to keep me going. Ran up and down the sandy hills for 20 minutes. Now that the frost is out the ground the sand is much looser so it's even harder work than it was yesterday. Met a huge harlequin Great Dane (well, I saw him coming from a distance and made a detour so as to make sure I'd meet him...) He allowed himself to be patted in that distant distinguished way that good Danes have and then trotted back to his owners. 2 ponies galloped past just as I was taking a photo of my arrangement of garments in the tree.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten