zaterdag 13 februari 2010

Test Drive

45 min
Start 16.00
Took all 3 pairs of new shoes out for a short test drive over the Eng this afternoon. First of all the Green Jewels. The elastic quick release laces are a good idea. Shoes are light and comfortable. Noticably less support under the heel which is what I wanted as I want to concentrate more on a middle/front-of-foot landing running style.

Then the Bonny Blues had their inaugural outing. They fit very snugly - feel like they were specially made for my feet, though of course the real test is how they feel after a longer run.





Lastly the Ghostly Greens. Had to stop to tighten the laces before I was out the street as they didn't feel secure. After that didn't have a problem but my usual method is to have the laces as loose as possible to allow for the feet spreading during the course of a run. Well fitting shoes shouldn't depend on the laces. We'll see how they go.

Twice when crossing the stubble fields a hare shot out from practically under my feet. The first time I couldn't understand why I hadn't seen him but the second time I spotted the sett he'd been hiding in, still warm from his body.









When I got home I made footprints with all my shoes in the snow to compare the treads they made. The Bonny Blues look like they give the most extra grip. In any case all 3 new pairs clearly make more of an impression in the snow than the 2 old road shoes.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten