zondag 14 februari 2010

Week Total 468 - Left Blue, Right Green

89 min
Start 17.00
Faced with the choice of which pair of new shoes to try out today on a longer distance I decided to do the immediate comparison test by wearing a different one on each foot. Ach, I have a reputation as eccentric furriner to maintain so it can't do any harm to run about now and then wearing odd shoes. Actually it wasn't so much a choice as an accidental inspiration - I started by putting on one of the Green Ghosts as I still had to make a side-on photo of them for yesterday's blog. Then I decided as they have more or less the same form as the Bonny Blues it might be interesting to compare them by wearing them together. It actually worked out fine. I definitely had more grip with these shoes as compared with my Asics. I could run up and down snow-covered grassy and sandy slopes easily without feeling a slideback effect. And on the hard-packed snow on the roads I felt much more footsure than I have done for weeks. Wish I'd thought of this sooner.

Saw a stunningly fluffy big White Alsation. Never seen one with so much hair before. The owner informed me he was a Swiss Herder and his father was European Champion.




Ran randomly about the dunes and the woods, trying to take in as many hilly bits as possible. There was a very light snowfall most of the time and the sky was a very heavy dark grey. Lovely light effect with the white ground.











The lamp shop I pass before crossing the main road was displayed to best effect as the shop was closed so the main lights weren't on inside.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten