zondag 14 november 2010

Eemdijk

210 min
Start 14.00
Hadn't really planned such a long run but it probably isn't such a bad idea to remind my legs what running for more than 3 hours is when they have to do 4+ again in less than 2 weeks. So my not getting up for yesterday morning's run wasn't such a disaster for my week's total after all. And it also meant that I had time to run out to Eemdijk to take a photo of the stocks there for one of the women in my online reading group who we've been threatening with some punishment for not finding any time to read recently...



Weather was very dull, fine drizzly rain for most of the run, around 12 degrees so actually a pretty ideal temperature to run in.


















I felt my right ankle complaining a bit on the way home. Not sore exactly but a vague niggling on the inside just below the ankle. I've thought of a strategy to help get closer to a negative split in the Urk/Zwolle marathon. Talk programmes on mYpod on the first half and music on the second half. I tend to play more music on the home stretch and it often gets my speed up in an easy way.











My hair coped with the damp run slightly better than my feet did...
Afterwards had a bath and a bento. Luxury.

1 opmerking: