zondag 30 mei 2010

Great (Dane) Run

104 min
Start 12.00










I'd noticed a minibus in the carpark advertising a breeding kennel with the unusual combination of Danes, Herders and longhaired cats. Around the corner they were obviously having some sort of family reunion as the place was heaving with those very beasts. (Well, no cats then...) Enjoyed seeing the slavers flying when the Danes shook their heads and how they lolloped about on the sand.


























































Later spoke with a woman with 3 different-but-similar boxer/bulldog types. The black and white one is a cross between an American and an (Old?) English bulldog. Lovely animal. Running was perfect - the torrential rain that had postponed my dawn run had made the dunes firmer than usual and had faded to a light drizzle that is actually my favourite type of running weather. 15 degrees, no wind, occasional very light showers. Listened to a couple of running podcasts then went on to my favourite new music programmes to get me speeded up a bit on the way home. Laughed at the 'Don't you Break my PR' spoof recording of Elton and Kiki's jingly jangly Don't Go Breaking my Heart on the RunRunLive podcast. I'm really enjoying the half-hour run home lately as I usually put on an even better than usual episode of Scotland Introducing which starts with a song with cheery lyrics which include 'I think my body's giving up on me', moves on to the brilliant 'Settle Down' which includes something about finish lines and finishes with they hypnotically repetitive 'Mama take me to the hos-pi-tal'. I think I'll keep this episode to get me to the end of my next long distance official event...
This last picture is of a nesting box with an impossibly huge entry hole. Can't think what sort of flying beast is supposed to be nesting in there, must try to find out what it's for.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten