vrijdag 7 mei 2010

Paleis Soestdijk

107 min
Start 18.30
Ran down to the entrance to the woods at the end of the village which I see every time I stop at the traffic lights before turning left towards Utrecht. Have always thought it looked like a good place to run but had never yet done so. It's a bit further away than the Soesterduinen and a bit of a boring street route to reach it but as I wanted to go for a longer run tonight I went out to see where the path led to.
Didn't meet any of the grazing animals (Highlanders too?) that are warned against. Have been thinking more about my plan to run a marathon in every county in the Netherlands.














I suspected the path would come out at Soestdijk Palace (where the present queen grew up and which is now uninhabited since her parents died a few years ago) and, after a while it did.




Ran a quick circuit of the Eng when I got back and got back in right on time for the start of House MD.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten