vrijdag 21 mei 2010

Sleeping Swans

73 min
Start 4.45
Got out almost before first light and headed out to the river as that was the direction where there was a glimmer of pink. The closer I got to the water the heavier the mist got, until I was running in a tiny white world.








































I had actually been planning on running longer but when I had just crossed the bridge over the Eem I realised I was feeling uncomfortably sticky and had to head home to deal with a bit of a blood bath. You'd think after 30 odd years of dealing with this bleeding lark I'd have got the hang of it by now but somehow it still occasionally manages to surprise me. I'm just grateful I was wearing my black leggings and not the snazzy silver ones. This rather less pictoresque incident aside it was a visually great run and a fairly effortless one too. I didn't have the difficulty with slow and laborious starting I've been noticing lately. Maybe it just comes in cycles or I've made some quantum leap in my training somehow. Or I just had a good morning for a change.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten