vrijdag 18 december 2009

Snow Skipping

35 min
Start 16.45
Running in snow is... interesting. My stride automatically shortened to let me land more carefully on my toes on the hard packed bits on the road. On the virgin white bits over the fields where it was ankle deep, soft and dry, I picked my feet up high to leave clean prints instead of a slurred trail. When I ran back next to my tracks to see how they looked I was surprised at how great the distance was between footprints. So picking up your feet does seem to lengthen the stride.
I followed some hare prints for a while, thinking that snow lets us do what dogs can do all the time, follow the trail of an animal who has been there earlier. Did the Eng circuit with a few field diversions and the 'fast circuit' added on, but then very slowly. Glad I managed to get out in the last of the light..

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten