zaterdag 5 december 2009

Storrrum van 's Gravenzande!

88 min
Start 15.00 (Friday)

Ran down to the beach then headed upwind towards Hoek van Holland. It was like running into a big cushion (which was unfortunately cold and often wet instead of warm and fluffy). Kept chugging along into this for 40 minutes then turned round and flew back the same way in about 25. Did a bit of sprinting along the concrete slabs that form the road along the (now absent) summerhouses.I could tell I was going fast if Sproet had to break into a canter to keep up with me but I'm sure he was having a laugh a lot of the time as he just kept doing a faster and faster trot whilst I was bursting my lungs trying to get him to move up a gait. I had been planning on doing another half hour along the beach in the direction of Monster to make up the time before it got totally dark but when I got back to the exit point between the dunes there was a brief flurryof hailstones rattling in my left ear and I decided it wasn't perhaps really sensible to spend more time than strictly necessary running about in wet clothes in December. Headed back to the hot shower waiting at the end of the road. Julia took this photo of me as I came in the front door.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten