woensdag 7 oktober 2009

I Pod You Pod We all scream for My Pod!

The return of the I-Pod...
Finally got round to taking it into Hilversum yesterday. (They wanted to charge me 10 euros just to look at it in the MacHouse in Utrecht but said it would be free in Hilversum, where I bought it. Now that I think about it, this is odd - shouldn't the gaurantee be valid anywhere? If I could be bothered I really should write A Nangry Letter) So after playing about with it while I went to drink an excellent cappucino at Ingrid's cafe across the road they gave me new earphones/switch cable and off I went. They did ask if it was ok if they reset the ipod, therefore removing everything and I said it was fine as I put new podcasts on all the time anyway. It wasn't till I wanted to take it for a test run this evening that I remembered I didn't have time to put new stuff on. I was curious to know what they'd put on to test it. Alicia Keyes... oh well, it could have been Celine Dion I suppose. Very much a novelty run for me to have her warbling away in my ears - I'm more a Rammstein sort of girl myself. Let's just say it was - interesting.

Meanwhile, away from my ears and down at my feet, the run itself went wonderfully, despite most of it being in pouring rain.

92 min
Start 18.30
Out to Baarn and back, stopping off to get some safety pins from Carin to keep my yellow fluorescent tabard from flapping so much. Lots of nice little incidents on the way. Finally met the enormous blue Great Dane I've admired from passing glimpses in the car a few times. Magnificent big beast with a character to match. Friendly but reserved as befits a dog of his size and noble bearing. Went on through the polder, rain getting heavier and Alicia getting warblier. (I could of course have just turned her off, but I like a challenge...) At one point a hooded teenager cycled past - he turned round and said hello as he passed me (an event in itself as most of them don't do greeting strangers) and gestured to his baggage rack to ask if I wanted a lift. I laughed and said 'No, but thanks for the offer' and off he went. I don't think he quite got the concept of running through the rain for fun. I quite like rain running though. As long as you know how far you have to go and that there's a warm shower at the end of it, it's actually very refreshing. (Mind you, it's not properly cold yet... I may feel differently next month.) I was frequently rattling through the running control list mantra I picked up from my favourite book of the moment:
1) Easy
2) Soft
3) Supple
4) Fast
as I went. Easy means going at a pace where breathing is not laboured. Soft means thinking about how my feet land, not thumping down, but brushing the ground with forward moving impetus. Supple means paying attention to posture - straight back, look ahead, hips forward so that the feet land in the right place directly under the body. And Fast? If you get the first 3 right the best possible speed should come automatically. It felt like something was clicking into place, I really was enjoying myself and felt I was running well.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten