vrijdag 23 oktober 2009

Snot fair.


No running today. I have been invaded by A Virus. That'll teach me to plan 2 half-marathons in 2 weekends. My brain must have signalled my plans to my body and the whole system has shut down in protest. So I'm swapping my running shoes for blackcurrant Coldrex and tissues for the time being...
Here's a link to an article about exercising with cold/flu symptoms. Actually I suspect my symptoms are safely 'above the neck' at present so it probably wouldn't do me all that much harm but on the other hand I don't want to risk getting my lungs giving me problems which might drag on and make me get even further behind in my running schedule (such as it is).

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Hope you are better again, well let's see if Etten leur does to you, what it did to me.
    I have to admit I ran with some guys and they just dragged me along., so they had to lift me into the car afterwards..I was that stiff and cramped. Maybe you are made of tougher stuff.
    Nice place to run, as far as I remember.
    Groetjes Loes

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. nah, sorry Loes. The Etten-Leur plan has been abandoned. There's no way I'd even complete the course today, let alone inside 2 hours.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Pity, but vEry sensible! Oh well there is alwys next time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen